Saturday, March 25, 2017

Carefully Sharing

I would love to one day be able to help with getting the family together for a family reunion. That looks like it is not feasible for a variety of reasons. However, there is more than one way to skin a cat! Having small presentations to go over the research I have been conducting will be a start. It is imperative that those that have helped with this labor of love be able to see the fruits of their participation. This would be my way of thanking them as well as encourage more dialogue in a structured small setting. It is my goal to bring the family together, bridge gaps, and be the conduit for re-connection of the family. This may be a more appropriate approach to ensure that great care is being taken to any sensitive information and/or events that may have occurred. The one thing I have learned during this journey of love is that the ancestors should be respected and their stories should be presented with the most love and respect so that their lives are represented authentically. This is my charge that I have gladly taken on with love and the upmost respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment