Sunday, January 5, 2014

When my Aunt Anna introduced me to my cousin Cheryl and her mother Florie, I had no idea that my journey would take flight! We instantly connected and began to build our relationship based on the love we shared for genealogy. Months later we planned to get together over the week of Thanksgiving 2013 to go to Richmond to do research. With plan in hand and hopeful to find anything, we allowed the ancestors to guide us. The ancestors guided us to find the missing information of my great grandfather Alpha Omega Riddick Sr. Cheryl and I went to the location of where my great grandfather's home once was. We stood there in silence celebrating his life and a new found bound to piece our family's history together.  It was a surreal moment that is unexplainable.The ancestors were guiding our entire day.



From left to right, Linda, myself, and my cousin Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment