Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful

As I give thanks to the Most High for all the blessing bestowed on me and my family, I must express my happiness at finding out more about the lives of many of my ancestors. I have gained much more than I anticipated. This journey of discovery began as my way of dealing with my father's death, a way to get to know more about my father which in turn I would learn more about myself. This goal has definitely been achieved. However, in addition I have connected and established a relationship with many family members.  From the moment my Aunt Anna introduced me to cousin Cheryl and her mother, I did not imagine how this journey would have developed. It is such a blessing to be able to have a better understanding of the man my father was, as well as an understanding of who my ancestors were. I came from a pretty patch worked legacy that is intricately woven. This legacy is one I am very proud of and become even more proud the more I learn about my ancestors. With the help of the ancestors I was able to navigate through the grieving process. It is so true how the ancestors reach beyond their final resting place to help guide us.

No comments:

Post a Comment